The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC PK12 Pedal Drive Solo Kayak is the newest innovation in the PK Series Kayaks. We have taken customer feedback and product strategy to offer you a fresh new design. The BKC PK12 offers extended legroom and increased room for leg capacity. It has a plethora of features that an experienced kayak fisherman or distance travelers will love while remaining compact, lightweight, and agile in craftsmanship.
The core of the BKC PK12 sit on top kayak is a streamlined roto-molded UV-protected HDPE hull measuring 12 foot long and 2.8-feet wide. No matter the water condition, it rides currents, slices through the chop, and glides over still water with effortless grace. However, it's the pedal drive system in what most cases excite; with bicycle-style pedals turning a high-efficiency propeller, allowing you to tuck your paddle into the kayak's paddle keeper and go hands-free.
The pedals have adjustable straps to keep your feet secure, and the entire system can be removed for traditional paddling if you prefer or upgraded with a trolling motor for greater power and speed. The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC PK12 can be controlled via its hand-operated rudder, which allows for sharp, precise turns or slow, wide arcs as conditions merit. It features a large watertight hatch set into the bow and an additional compartment tucked behind the seat, both of which feature dry bag inserts and that can safely stow items such as a wallet, keys, and snacks.
The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC PK 12 now has an anchor trolley so any avid fisherman can set their location out at sea without drifting and losing their next catch. The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC PK12 also has a large rear cargo area with bungee tie-down straps; this area is ideal for bulky items such as a tackle box or dry bag. Scupper holes allow water to drain out of the kayak and can be sealed with included scupper plugs. We have also added drainage in the nose so kayaks now have a faster way to pack up and up from the day. Fishermen will appreciate the trio flush-mounted rod holders that can keep a rod out of the way during travel or keep lines in the water during trolling, and all paddlers will be thrilled by the comfortable, ergonomic aluminum frame seat that comes with the kayak.
- Distance Travel Pedal Fishing Kayak: From its generous cargo capacity to its versatile propulsion options, this vessel was made to move for miles and miles
- Pedal Drive System: Get moving faster than ever with or without a paddle using the pedal-driven propeller system, or add a trolling motor for easy speed
- Adjustable Ergonomic Seat: The aluminum frame, padded seat and backrest, and multiple adjustment points of the included seat allow for ideal comfort and control
- Perfect Fishing Kayak: Flush mount rod holders keep your lines in the water hands-free during paddling or trolling, or use the pedals to cruise as you manage a fishing rod hands-on
- Superior Stability: Easy, stable handling in varied water and weather conditions.
- •Length: 144 inches
- •Hull Weight: 73 pounds
- •Width: 33 inches
- Height: 13 inches
- Weight Capacity: 397 lbs