The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC UH-PK11 Pedal Drive Solo Rover Kayak is an ideal representation of informed design. It has a plethora of features the experienced kayak fisherman or distance traveler will love while remaining compact, lightweight, and agile. The core of the Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC UH-PK11 sit on top kayak is a streamlined roto-molded UV-protected HDPE hull measuring 10-Foot 6-inches long and 2.8-feet wide. It rides currents, slices through chop, and glides over still water with effortless grace. The craft weighs only 60 pounds, so carrying it overland is easy thanks to built-in handles at the bow and stern and on either side of the hull.
But of course, it's the pedal drive system that most excites; with bicycle-style pedals turning a high efficiency propeller, you can tuck your paddle into the kayak's paddle keeper and go hands-free. The pedals have adjustable straps to keep your feet secure, and the entire system can be removed for traditional paddling if you prefer or upgraded with a trolling motor for greater power and speed. The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC UH-PK11 can be controlled via its hand-operated rudder, which allows for sharp, precise turns or slow, wide arcs as conditions merit.
Among this kayak's other highlights is the craft's copious capacity for cargo. It features a large watertight hatch set into the bow and an additional compartment tucked behind the seat, both of which feature dry bag inserts and that can safely stow items such as a wallet, keys, and snacks. The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC UH-PK11 also has a large rear cargo area with bungee tie-down straps; this area is ideal for bulky items such as a tackle box or dry bag. Scupper holes allow water to drain out of the kayak and can be sealed with included scupper plugs.
Fishermen will appreciate the trio flush-mounted rod holders that can keep a rod out of the way during travel or keep lines in the water during trolling, and all paddlers will be thrilled by the comfortable, ergonomic aluminum frame seat that comes with the kayak. The wide, supportive, seat can be adjusted for ideal positioning as you fish, paddle, peddle, or sit back and go with the flow. The Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC UH-PK11 can accommodate a combined user and cargo weight up to 420 pounds.
- Distance Travel Kayak: From its generous cargo capacity to its versatile propulsion options, this vessel was made to move for miles and miles
- Pedal Drive System: Get your Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC UH-PK11 kayak moving faster than ever with or without a paddle using the Included pedal-driven propeller system, or add a trolling motor for effortless cruising
- Adjustable Ergonomic Seat: The aluminum frame chair with padded seat and backrest features multiple adjustment points and allows for ideal comfort and control
- Perfect Fishing Kayak: 3 flush-mounted rod holders keep your lines in the water hands-free, or use the pedals to troll as you manage a fishing rod hands-on
- Superior Stability: The single piece roto-molded streamlined hull measures 10-foot, 6-inches long, is 34-inches wide, and weighs 60 pounds; it creates easy, stable handling in multiple water and weather conditions
- Hull Weight (empty): 60 lbs.
- Max Load Capacity: 420 lbs.
- Hull Length: 10-ft 6-inch
- Seating Capacity: 1
- Hull Material: High-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- UV Protection
- Color Option (s): Blue, Blue Camo, Green Camo, Grey Camo, Red, Yellow